Vasarely, the Hungarian Op-Art masterpieces in Aix-en-Provence

13:53 Unknown 0 Comments

The work of  Victor Vasarely has played a role in my whole life. As a child I just wondered the amazing shapes and colors hanging on the wall, after that as I understood the meaning of this form play I began to admire the master of Op-Art. I already visited the Hungarian Vasarely Museums, but this time I had the chance to see this masterpieces in "live size". The Fondation Vasarely in Aix-en-Provence was planed by Vasarely himself and he decided to give a honeycomb shape to every single room, so there are 6 walls with 6 works in each room. This kind of paintings really need space so you can actually fell the 3D effects, the colorplay and the "moving" paintings. As I am a really big fan of him, I just felt myself so powerful after seeing all of this. I hope the photos can explain why.



































  
XoXo
Agi

You Might Also Like

0 comments: