The Catalan Modernism

13:30 Unknown 1 Comments



The Catalan Modernism has a charmed influence on me. When I saw the buildings, sometimes I  forgot everything around me. Gaudí and the other talented architects like Luís Doménech i Montaner have made a wonderland, where I could feel that my dreams can come true. The details are above all important but they took care about the composition itself. For example Gaudí"s Casa Battló has an asymmetric facade to balance the buildings next to it. Gaudí was inspired by the nature: forests, bones, masks, trees, ornaments, and he was the best by using them in architecture. I have never seen such a perfect composition like the Sagrada Familia's entrance, it reminds me of a sand-castle built in the sandy beach. The other amazing building is the Palau de la Música Catalana, it is just perfect for my taste. I collected my favorite pictures all of them.

Casa Battló with a swirl inside

At night

Bones

Masks

Sun-burner

Top of Casa Milá

Statues

Balcony

La Sagrada Familia

Entrance

Important details

The holy family

People

Fruit

IHS

Rose windows

Embrace

Chess-board

In the Palau Música Catalana

Glass

Flowers

Glass-flowers

Pattern

White blue tiles

Wavy facade

Stepped facade

In green

Marvellous

Modernism in Sitges

Nice house in Sitges

Window
See you next time with the beautiful Parc Güell!
Adiós,
Ági

You Might Also Like

1 comment:

  1. sighing...beautiful place it is..very very beautiful photos and colors.
    -morrocan blue

    ReplyDelete