The medieval Siena in black&white

12:00 Unknown 0 Comments



This summer I made an Italian language course in Florence so I had the opportunity to visit many interesting cities in Tuscany and besides I learned Italian. First I would like to show you Siena in B&W. As I walked on the streets I could feel that the time has passed by. These streets and houses could be 700 years old, and this was amazing. The Dom of Siena is the most beautiful church I could see in Tuscany with its black and white marble architecture. Maybe that is why I choose this time the B&W effect for the whole city. I always wonder how the lack of colors can change the mood of a picture, and now I like the result. Hope you enjoy too!

The main square: Piazza del Campo


Torre del mangia


Medieval houses on the main square



 Palazzo Sambieni with the oldest bank in the world


The Dom



The inner architecture


Angel and organ


The pulpit with sculptures


The dome


They are looking at you


Window art


Impressions on the streets







Window shopping




 Cantuccini is a typical Tuscany twice-backed cake with almond.


Panpepato, another delicious cake, that was my favorite. 


See U next time with another beautiful Tuscany town.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: